My Personal Weatherman™
2 to 4 feet of snow for Buffalo, but a mostly sunny 7 or 8 day stretch about to start for L.I.:
- Here's the Lake Effect Snow Warning for Buffalo: "Heavy lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 3 feet in the most persistent lake snows. The heaviest snow is expected late Thursday night through Friday night when snowfall rates could exceed two inches per hour. Snowfall totals of up to 4 feet will be possible if the main snow band is slower to push north late Friday night. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph."
- The sun will come out this afternoon on Long Island, and it looks like a dry and mostly sunny stretch until at least Thanksgiving morning with a cold period, especially this weekend and then warming up towards the middle of next week. On Sunday, with a storm developing well offshore, there is only a very slight chance of some light rain or snow showers for eastern Long Island. Then we have the potential northeast storm for Black Friday and/or Saturday, but there is still a large amount of uncertainty in the details and exact timing. At least on the overnight run, fewer ensemble members are showing 60 mph wind gusts on Long Island. I will continue to update, but for now, enjoy the sunny stretch coming!
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Early morning drizzle or scattered showers ending and then partly cloudy in the afternoon with temperatures mostly around 50 degrees. Wind becoming out of the NW then WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy to mostly clear with lows in the mid 30's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the mid 40's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy to mostly clear with lows mostly in the low 30's, but some mid to upper 20's in the Pine Barrens area in Suffolk. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 40's. Wind out of the WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with highs just above 40 degrees. Wind out of the W then WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs just above 40 degrees. Wind out of the W at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Monday: Sunny with highs in the low 40's. Wind out of the W then WSW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday: Sunny with highs in the mid to upper 40's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected snowfall through 7 PM Friday from the NWS
- 3rd to 5th images: Projected temperatures for Long Island from the Model Blend, GFS, and Euro ensembles