Stats From the Storm include 133 MPH Wind Gust
Here are some stats from the storm that hit the northeast on Sunday and Monday:
- 133 mph wind gust at Mt. Washington, NH
- 92 mph wind gust at Matinicus Rock, ME
- 75 mph wind gust at Plum Island, NY
- Over 1 million customers lost power
- 7 states had over 4 inches of rain, with the highest being 5.49 inches in CT
- Higher storm surge than Irene at The Battery, NY with a 4.81' surge (Irene was 4.36"), but the difference was that it occurred at low tide.
- Storm surge at Kings Point, NY was 5.83' compared to 4.44' during Irene
- Record low barometric pressure reading for October at Albany, NY with a reading of 975.9 mb.
A toppled tree leans onto a power line after an overnight storm Monday, Oct. 30, 2017, in Brookline, Mass. Image credit: AP Photo/Alanna Durkin Richer.