Forecast for Long Island With a Look at The 4th of July
See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for daily updates.
- Today: Sunny with highs in the upper 80's with only low to moderate humidity.
- Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 80's to around 90 degrees with only low to moderate humidity. Slight chance of a stray shower or thunderstorm tomorrow night.
- Saturday: Partly cloudy and more humid with a 40% chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80's, but cooler for eastern Suffolk. The thunderstorms have the potential to produce gusty winds and hail.
- Sunday: While the official forecast from the National Weather Service is sunny and mid 80's, there is actually a chance of a few showers in the afternoon. I will continue to watch this.
- Monday to Wednesday: It generally looks mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 80's on Monday and Tuesday with upper 80's on Wednesday. There is a chance of a shower or thunderstorm sometime on Tuesday afternoon to Tuesday night.
- Independence Day 🇺🇸: While it's still a week away, it looks like it may by sunny and hot with highs close to 90 degrees.
- 1st image: Projected high temperatures for today.
- 2nd image: Simulated radar for 8 AM Saturday from the NAM model.