Update on the Tropics and Long Island Weather
See the "My Personal Weatherman" page for frequent updates.
- There is a 20% chance of tropical development in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico on Friday/Saturday, but it doesn't look like much to worry about as it's expected to get absorbed by a cold front.
Long Island forecast:
- Becoming sunny this morning with highs in the mid 60's with a dry breeze out of the W to WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- Tomorrow: Sunny with highs around 62 to 64 degrees.
- Friday: Mostly sunny in the morning with increasing clouds in the afternoon and evening with highs in the low 60's.
- Friday night: There is a very slight chance of a shower Friday night, but it looks like it should stay north of Long Island.
- Saturday: Partly sunny with increasing clouds late in the day and highs in the upper 50's.
- Rain should develop sometime late Saturday night and continue into Sunday night.
- Rain may develop in the afternoon or evening on Halloween, but it's obviously too early to pinpoint the timing.