Forecast for Long Island Through New Year's Day
See the "My Personal Weatherman" Facebook page for frequent updates.
- Mostly sunny and cooler today with highs around 44 to 47 degrees on Long Island (1st image). Partly cloudy tomorrow with highs around 42 to 45 degrees. Partly to mostly cloudy Thursday with highs in the low to mid 40's.
- A weak system on Friday should pass through New England with light snow in northern New England with maybe a coating to an inch, but Long Island will probably just be cloudy with highs in the mid 40's.
- There are timing differences between the models regarding the next system for Sunday/Monday. The GFS is faster than the Euro, and the Canadian keeps the system to our south. If the Euro is right, the rain may not start until late Sunday night with most of the rain being on Monday with it changing to snow in New England Monday night. Temperatures could reach the upper 50's during the rain on Long Island. It will then turn colder for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, but it will be dry. Best guess right now for temps in NYC at Times Square at midnight is 37 degrees and breezy.
- 1st image: Projected high temperatures today.
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles.
- 3rd to 5th images: Maps from the Euro for 1 PM Friday, 1 PM Monday, and 1 AM Tuesday.