40-inch blizzard, extreme fire weather, strong tornadoes, and the Long Island forecast:
- All kinds of crazy weather for the central part of the country with extremely critical fire danger weather today for the Texas Panhandle northward into western Kansas (2nd image).
- A blizzard with as much as 40 inches of snow for parts of North Dakota (3rd image) over the next couple of days could produce drifts in excess of 10 feet.
- The 4th to 6th images show the severe weather potential for today through Thursday, respectively.
- The Long Island forecast is below, but the sun will come out this afternoon and it will warm up to around 70 degrees in Nassau and the upper 60's for most of Suffolk (see 7th image). Thursday should be slightly warmer with showers and thunderstorms likely holding off until late afternoon or evening. More showers expected for Saturday night.
- Remember, next week will be cooler, starting on Easter Sunday, with highs in the 50's (see 10th and 11th images).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Cloudy in the morning with a chance of showers early in the morning and again around mid to late morning and then becoming mostly sunny and warmer in the afternoon with highs around 70 degrees in Nassau and in the upper 60's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WNW to NW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the upper 40's in Nassau and mid 40's in Suffolk. Wind becoming light and variable.
Tomorrow: Partly sunny with highs in the mid 60's in Nassau and low 60's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end, especially by late afternoon. Wind light and variable in the morning and then out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of scattered showers with lows in the low 50's in Nassau and upper 40's to around 50 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Partly sunny and warm with showers likely in the late afternoon or evening with a chance of a thunderstorm, with highs in the low 70's in Nassau and upper 60's to around 70 degrees in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60's in Nassau and low to mid 60's in Suffolk. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Increasing clouds in the afternoon and breezy with a slight chance of scattered showers late in the day with highs in the low 60's in Nassau and around 60 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Fire weather danger for today
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall for the next couple of days from the NWS
- 4th to 6th images: Severe weather potential for the next 3 days, respectively, from the Storm Prediction Center
- 7th to 9th images: Projected highs for today, tomorrow, and Thursday, respectively, from the NWS
- 10th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 11th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend