65 degrees for NYC Thursday, but the ensembles continue to show a slight chance of snow thereafter:
- You all know about the mild temperatures coming from Tuesday to Friday. There is some uncertainty in the exact timing of the cold front that will bring showers, but it generally looks like late Thursday night or Friday.
- There will then be a chance of some light snow next weekend for central to northern NY state and New England.
- The week of St. Patrick's Day is where there is the most intrigue with a chance for a northeast snowstorm. There's too much uncertainty at this range, but there is a slight chance of snow for Long Island.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly cloudy and cold with highs in the mid to possibly upper 30's. Wind out of the WNW to NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear and cold with lows mostly in the low 20's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 30's. Wind out of the NW at around 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 40's. Light winds from the NW in the morning, and then shifting to SW by early evening at around 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and milder with highs in the low to mid 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WSW at around 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and mild with highs in the mid 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Increasing clouds in the afternoon and mild with highs in the mid to upper 50's and possibly 60 degrees in western Nassau, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SW at 10 to 20 mph. NYC will be 60 to 65 degrees.
- 1st image: Projected snowfall for the next 15 days from the Euro ensemble mean
- 2nd image: Projected highs on Thursday from the National Weather Service
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days
- 4th and 5th images: Projected snowfall for Long Island and Boston, respectively, for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member