- The details for Long Island are in the forecast below, but basically cloudy with fog and a shower this morning, and then the front will come through this afternoon and bring sunny skies, warmth, and wind gusts up to 45 mph from the west. A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect until 7 AM, and a Wind Advisory is in effect from 2 PM to midnight. It will then be beautiful tomorrow, but rainy on Sunday with 1 to 1.5 inches of rain expected.
- A strong cold front will be moving through Long Island and the northeast around next Thursday. The GFS now is showing some snow for Long Island and southern New England, and the Euro now has the snow a little farther northwest. A good amount of the Euro ensemble members are showing some snow on Long Island. Either way, next Friday night and again Saturday night will be cold with lows in the upper 20's to low 30's on Long Island.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
*A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect for all of Long Island until 7 AM*
**A Wind Advisory has been issued for all of Long Island for today into tonight from 2 PM to midnight for wind gusts from the west at up to 50 mph.**
Today: Early fog and some light scattered showers in the morning and then becoming mostly sunny from west to east, very windy, and warm in the afternoon. Highs in the low 70's in Nassau and around 70 in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the S in the morning with gusts up to 20 mph and then out of the SSW in the early afternoon with gusts up to 35 mph, but when the cold front comes through in the mid to late afternoon from west to east, the wind will shift to the WSW and then W with gusts up to 45 mph into the early evening.
Tonight: Clear and windy with gusts up to 45 mph early from the WNW and then gradually diminishing after midnight. Lows mostly in the low 40's.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs mostly in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow night: Clear early and then increasing clouds after midnight. Lows mostly in the low to mid 40's. Wind out of the SE to SSE at around 10 mph.
Sunday: Rainy with a slight chance of a thunderstorm in the late afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 50's. Wind out of the SSE with gusts up to 25 mph. Total rainfall of around 1.25 to 1.5 inches.
Monday: Partly cloudy and windy with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the WNW with gusts up to 30 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 50's.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of some showers. Highs in the mid to upper 50's.
- 1st image: Projected highs for today from the HRRR model
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Map from the GFS for 2 AM next Friday
- 4th image: Projected snowfall for the next 10 days from the Euro ensemble mean
- 5th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 6th image: Maximum projected wind gusts through 2 AM tomorrow (late tonight) from the HRRR model
- 7th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend