My Personal Weatherman™
A little bit of everything over the next few days with a cooler weekend with more clouds:
- Some rain is moving in for this morning, and then the very strong thunderstorms for western NY and PA will weaken and arrive to Long Island closer to midnight, but thunder is still possible. Then a hot day tomorrow with a chance of a shower or thunderstorm around mid-afternoon, with the best chance being in Suffolk, especially eastern Suffolk (see 5th image).
- More clouds move in for Saturday, and it will be breezy and much cooler, and a shower can't be ruled out for Saturday night (see 6th image). Clouds may linger on Sunday with showers for eastern New England (see 7th image).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Rain developing this morning and then mostly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the low 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the S at 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with some showers and thunderstorms moving through sometime around midnight. Lows in mid to upper 60's. Wind out of the S at 10 to 20 mph with gusts over 25 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny and becoming less humid later in the afternoon with a 30% chance of a mid-afternoon shower or thunderstorm, especially in eastern Suffolk, with highs in the mid to upper 80's in Nassau and mostly mid 80's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind becoming out of the W at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear with lows generally in the low 60's. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny in the morning with more clouds in the afternoon and breezy and much cooler with low humidity with highs only around 70 degrees, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday (Father's Day): Partly cloudy with very low humidity with highs in the low 70's, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with very low humidity with highs in the upper 70's to near 80 degrees, but a little cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd and 3rd images: Severe weather potential for today/tonight and tomorrow, respectively
- 4th image: Future radar for 1 AM late tonight from the HRRR model
- 5th image: Future radar for 2 PM tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 6th and 7th images: Maps from the Euro for 11 PM Saturday and 2 PM Sunday
- 8th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend