All of the important maps regarding the rain to the east, the tropics, and the building heat:
- In general, it will be cloudy today through Thursday and Long Island with a sharp east-west gradient regarding rainfall with very little for western Long Island as you can see in the images below. Friday looks nice and there will be increasing heat and humidity as we head through the weekend and especially for next week.
- While there are signs of life in the tropics, there is still nothing to worry about at this time. However, late August into mid-September may get a little crazy!
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a late afternoon to early evening shower for the south fork with highs around 80 degrees. Light and variable wind at 5 mph or less.
Tonight: Cloudy with lows in the mid 60's. Light and variable wind at 5 mph or less.
Tomorrow: Cloudy with a chance of some afternoon and evening showers in eastern Suffolk with highs in the upper 70's. Wind generally out of the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Cloudy with a 40% chance of showers, especially in Suffolk, with highs in the upper 70's to around 80 degrees. Wind mostly out of the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SSW to S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Partly cloudy and more humid with highs in the low to mid 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the S to SSW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
- 1st image: Temperature probability outlook for next week (August 8th to 12th)
- 2nd and 3rd images: Projected rainfall through 8 AM Friday from the Euro and Euro ensemble mean, respectively
- 4th and 5th images: GFS ensembles and Euro ensembles for the next 15 days
- 6th image: Euro ensembles for the next 45 days
- 7th image: From the National Hurricane Center
- 8th and 9th images: Future radar from the HRRR model for 4 PM today and 4 PM tomorrow, respectively
- 10th image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 11th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend