Another great day before the rain/wind tomorrow afternoon/night:
- There will be high clouds this afternoon, but it will still be a beautiful day on Long Island. No real change with the forecast tomorrow with just a chance of a morning shower with periods of rain in the afternoon with wind gusts up to 30 mph. There could be a little break sometime in the evening before the main band of heavier rain and wind with the cold front from around midnight to 4 AM. I will probably post a future radar video later this morning.
- Much cooler temperatures next week from Tuesday to Thursday before it warms up again.
- Tropical Storm Karl will start heading south later tonight and then head into Mexico later this week with 50 mph winds and flooding rain.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny in the morning and mostly sunny through high clouds in the afternoon with highs in the upper 60's to around 70 degrees, but cooler for the east end. Wind out of the SW at 5 mph in the morning and then out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon with gusts up to 20 mph late.
Tonight: Becoming mostly cloudy with lows in the upper 50's. Wind out of the S at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Cloudy and becoming windy with a 40% chance of scattered showers in the morning and then periods of rain in the afternoon with highs around 70 degrees. Wind out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the morning and then out of the SSE 15 to 25 mph with gusts over 30 mph in the afternoon/evening.
Tomorrow night: Windy with periods of rain with a heavier band of rain and wind with the cold front between around midnight and 4 AM with lows in the mid 50's Wind out of the SSE to S at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph and then becoming out of the W late at 10 to 20 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 60's. Wind out of the W at around 10 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs in the mid to upper 60's. Wind out of the SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy and cool with a 30% chance of some showers with highs in the mid 50's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Tropical Storm Karl
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall from the WPC
- 4th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 5th to 7th images: Future radar from the HRRR model for 3 PM tomorrow, 9 PM tomorrow, and 2 AM Friday