My Personal Weatherman™
Another nice day today with a mild week, and then seasonably chilly next week:
- Even after today, we will have 3 more dry days on Long Island and for most of the northeast. Then a period of moderate to heavy rain with a cold front on Friday, possibly into Saturday morning, but as of snow, Saturday afternoon and Sunday look pretty good.
- We're slowly getting closer to snow, but we're not quite there yet on Long Island with no snow expected for the next 2 weeks. However, there is a good chance of higher elevation snow for northern and western New England/ NY state.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny with highs in the low 60's in Nassau and at or just above 60 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Clear skies with lows in the upper 30's to low 40's in Suffolk, but colder in the Pine Barrens, and low to mid 40's in Nassau. Light and variable wind.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 60's. Light and variable wind.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy with lows in the mid to upper 40's. Light and variable wind.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy in the morning and then sunny in the afternoon with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Increasing clouds with highs in the low 60's. Wind generally out of the ESE at around 10 mph.
Friday: Rainy, breezy, and mild with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the S at 15 to 25 mph.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers in the morning with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs in the mid 50's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected precipitation for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall for the next 15 days from the Euro ensemble mean
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend