Another step warmer today as the quiet inter-holiday weather continues with no snow on the horizon:
- The headline says it all with nothing eventful this week.
- The exact timing of the rain for New Year's weekend is a little uncertain as the models haven't converged yet, but the best chances look to be for New Year's Eve late in the day or in the evening and into and through the morning of New Year's Day. So far, it looks like around 0.5" to 0.75" for Long Island.
- Temperatures still look to cool down closer to normal once we get to around Jan 9th/10th.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Map from the Euro for 1 AM Sunday
- 3rd and 4th images: 10-day Model Blend precipitation and snow maps
- 5th and 6th images: Projected temperatures for Long Island