My Personal Weatherman™
Beautiful tomorrow before the cool, windy weekend with an uncertain exact northern extent of rain:
- There are no real changes to the forecast with rain this morning and some scattered showers this afternoon and then a really nice day tomorrow with highs generally in the upper 60's.
- The exact northern extent of the rain shield for Saturday is a little uncertain, but there will likely be rain on Long Island from late afternoon on Friday into Saturday morning with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs on Saturday will only be between around 53 and 56 degrees and wind gusts will be in the 30 to 40 mph range from Saturday afternoon into Sunday.
- Next week looks great though with sunshine and warmer temperatures.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Rain in the morning and then scattered showers in the afternoon with highs mostly in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind from the ESE in the morning at 10 mph and the mostly light and variable in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with lows in the low 50's in Nassau and upper 40's in Suffolk. Wind out of the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny through high clouds with highs around 70 degrees in Nassau and in the upper 60's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Increasing clouds with lows mostly in the upper 40's. Wind out of the SSW at around 5 mph.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a 60% chance of rain by mid to late afternoon with highs just above 60 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind generally out of the ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday night: Rain likely with lows in the mid to upper 40's. Wind out of the E at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Cloudy, windy, and cool with rain likely in the morning with a 40% chance of rain in the afternoon with highs only in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the ENE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday (Mother's Day): Partly cloudy and windy with highs in the mid to upper 50's. Wind out of the NE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Monday: Sunny and breezy with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Projected highs for tomorrow from the NWS
- 4th image: Projected rainfall from 8 PM Friday to 8 PM Saturday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend