Beautiful weather, Hurricane Larry, the rest of the tropics, and the Long Island forecast:
- Beautiful weather today and tomorrow with sunshine and low humidity for Long Island and the northeast. Highs only in the low 70's today for Long Island (see 2nd image) with lows mostly in the mid 50's tonight.
- Hurricane Larry now has maximum sustained winds of 90 mph on its way to becoming a 140 mph Cat 4 on Sunday. Bermuda has to keep a close eye on it, but hopefully it just gets brushed with the western edge of the storm.
- The system behind Larry and the system that will move into the Bay of Campeche are both only being given a 20% chance of tropical development within the next 5 days. We still have to watch the potential for one or two more systems coming off the coast of Africa around mid-month.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the low 70's. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear and cool with lows mostly in the mid to upper 50's. Wind out of the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the mid 70's. Wind out of the NNW in the morning and then out of the W in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy with lows in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy and more humid with a 30% chance of a couple of showers with highs in the mid to upper 70's. Wind out of the SW to SSW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Monday (Labor Day): A chance of early morning showers and then becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon with highs in the low 80's. Wind mostly out of the W at around 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 70's to near 80 degrees. Wind mostly out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers, especially in the afternoon, with highs around 80 degrees. Wind out of the SSW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and around 15 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday: Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 70's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the National Weather Service
- 3rd image: NHC forecast map for Hurricane Larry
- 4th image: Euro ensembles for the next 10 days
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend