My Personal Weatherman™
Beautiful weather, quiet tropics, and a lot of rain for the coast of the Carolinas:
- A secondary cold front will be coming through Long Island mid-afternoon with some clouds, and there will be some wind gusts up to 30 mph late this afternoon into the evening. A chilly night follows with lows in the 50's (2nd image), and then a perfect day tomorrow with sunny skies, low humidity, and a light breeze with highs in the mid to upper 70's. Looking ahead, there could be some downpours next Thursday/Friday.
- The tropics remain quiet with no tropical systems expected for at least another week.
- There will be plenty of rain for the coast of the Carolinas over the next 7 or 8 days (see 3rd and 4th images).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with some mid-afternoon clouds and becoming windy with lower humidity in the afternoon with highs in the low to mid 80's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon and evening.
Tonight: Clear, breezy, and chilly with lows in the mid to upper 50's, but temps in the low 50's are possible in the Pine Barrens area in Suffolk. Wind gusts up to 30 mph early and then decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight.
Tomorrow: Sunny with low humidity with highs in the mid to upper 70's. Wind out of the NW to WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Increasing clouds with a chance of some showers by late afternoon with highs around 80 degrees. Wind out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Monday: Mostly sunny with low humidity in the afternoon with highs mostly around 80 degrees. Wind out of the WNW to NW at around 10 mph.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon with highs mostly in the upper 70's. Wind mostly out of the ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected overnight lows by early tomorrow morning from the NWS
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall through 8 AM next Friday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 4th image: Projected rainfall for the next 10 days from the Euro
- 5th image: Map from the Euro for 3 PM Sunday
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend