My Personal Weatherman™
Beautiful weather, the Long Island forecast, the tropics, and the cool-down next week:
- Absolutely perfect weather today after a chilly start with highs getting up to around 70 degrees in Nassau, the upper 60's in central to western Suffolk, and the mid 60's in eastern Suffolk.
- High clouds begin to move in tomorrow ahead of the front, but it will be a beautiful day with highs around 70 degrees. The details for Thursday are in the forecast below, but while there could be a few scattered showers in the morning, the main action moves in from west to east during the afternoon with a period of moderate to occasionally heavy rain with wind gusts mostly as high as 30 to 35 mph, but higher gusts are possible in thunderstorms or downpours. Rainfall amounts will vary, but generally between 0.75 and 1.5 inches with the best chance for the highest amounts probably for northwestern Long Island.
- Much cooler for the middle of next week with highs in the mid 50's with some unsettled weather.
- The offshoot of Julia could become a Tropical Depression in the next couple of days in the Bay of Campeche, but it's nothing to worry about for the United States as it will stay there and eventually loop back into Mexico.
- Still looking at a warm-up for late in the month.
- Note: It still looks like Game 2 at Yankee Stadium will likely have to be postponed until Friday. I read Joel Sherman's article in which he stated that the Yankees may try to bring back Nestor Cortes on short rest if it goes to a Game 5, but Joel failed to mention that if Game 2 is postponed until Friday, then that is no longer a viable option.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny with highs ranging from around 70 degrees in Nassau, upper 60's in central to western Suffolk, and mid 60's in eastern Suffolk. Wind nearly calm in the morning and then out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Clear skies with lows in the mid 50's in Nassau and mostly upper 40's to low 50's in Suffolk. Wind out of the SW at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny through high clouds later in the morning and in the afternoon with highs around 70 degrees. Wind out of the SW at 5 mph in the morning and then out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon with gusts up to 20 mph late.
Tomorrow night: Becoming mostly cloudy with lows in the upper 50's. Wind out of the S at around 10 mph.
Thursday: Cloudy and becoming windy with a 40% chance of scattered showers in the morning and then rain developing in the afternoon from west to east with a chance of a thunderstorm late with highs around 70 degrees. Wind out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the morning and 15 to 25 mph with gusts over 30 mph in the afternoon/evening. There will likely be a period moderate to heavy rain and max wind gusts over 35 mph in the evening with a chance of an early evening thunderstorm.
Friday: Becoming mostly sunny with highs in the mid to upper 60's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day forecast for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected rainfall for later this week from the WPC
- 3rd image: Excessive rainfall outlook for Thursday
- 4th image: Overview of the tropics from the NHC
- 5th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend