Beautiful weekend with low humidity coming to L.I., but torrential rain for southern Florida:
- It will be humid today through tonight on Long Island with some showers and possibly a thunderstorm later this afternoon, but the strong thunderstorms will stay to the south. We still have the potential for some scattered moderate to heavy downpours later this afternoon into the evening. I've included some future radar images for today into tomorrow in the 5th to 8th images.
- The sun will come out from west to east tomorrow afternoon, and it will be a beautiful weekend with low humidity on Saturday and a little breezy in the afternoon, and then a little cooler with even lower humidity on Sunday.
- Invest 91L is being given an 80% chance of tropical development, and Tropical Storm Watches or Warnings may be issued for southern Florida today(see 2nd image). Torrential downpours and gusty winds tomorrow into Saturday with 5 to 10 inches of rain (see 3rd image).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly cloudy overall and humid with a chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm by mid-afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Variable wind direction at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Humid with showers at times with possibly an evening thunderstorm and the potential for heavy downpours and then patchy fog possible late with lows in the low 60's. Wind out of the ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Some showers in the morning, ending from west to east between 10 AM and 1 PM with some patchy fog early and then becoming mostly sunny and less humid by mid to late afternoon from west to east with highs in the mid to upper 70's in Nassau and mid 70's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind generally out of the N at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear with lows in the upper 50's to near 60 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with low humidity and a little breezy in the afternoon with highs in the mid to upper 70's in Nassau and mid 70's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday: Sunny with very low humidity with highs in the low 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW in the morning and SSW in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the low 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Increasing clouds with a chance of some showers by afternoon or evening with highs in the low 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: From the NHC
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall for Florida through Saturday night
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend
- 5th to 8th images: Future radar from the HRRR model for 5 PM today, 10 PM tonight, 9 AM tomorrow, and 2 PM tomorrow, respectively