Brief 3:45 AM post with the Long Island forecast and some comments/images:
- Rainy day for Long Island with snow to the north, and the showers may become more scattered for a while on Long Island in the mid to late afternoon. The highs for today may be deceiving as it will be in the low 40's during the day with the temperatures rising into the upper 40's this evening and possibly 50 degrees along the south shore and east end.
- It still looks really cold tomorrow night into Monday morning with lows lows in the low 20's.
- The mid-week southern stream storm still looks like it will be well offshore when it phases with the northern system, but it looks like it may bring some big action to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Snow map for today into tomorrow from the NWS
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend