Brief Update on the Tropics and Long Island Weather
- Invest 95L in the Atlantic has more convection now, and the National Hurricane Center has increased the probability of tropical development to 70%. However, it's still not a long-term threat to the United States. It will be heading into an area of strong wind shear that will cause weakening. It's also heading WNW, and it should stay north of the islands.
- For Long Island, the humid weather continues this week, but the weekend looks cooler and less humid! There will be some scattered showers and thunderstorms from tomorrow to Friday, with the best chance being on Thursday.
- 1st image: Invest 95L
- 2nd image: From the National Hurricane Center
- 3rd image: Euro ensembles for the next 10 days
- 4th image: Projected highs for today from the National Weather Service
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend.
- 6th image: Projected rainfall for the next 10 days from the Euro