Chilly tonight, an update on the long weekend, and a warm-up for the middle of next week:
- You can see a lot of 40's showing up on the map for late tonight into early tomorrow morning in the 2nd image.
- The 7-day rainfall map (3rd image) doesn't show a lot of rain overall for Long Island and eastern New England.
- The best chance of rain for Long Island looks to be from around Friday afternoon into Saturday morning. Most of the weekend will be ok with highs mostly 70 to 75 degrees with partly sunny skies with a slight chance of an afternoon or evening shower, but we'll have to see how it evolves. The following is from the NWS covering Long Island and the tri-state area for Friday to Monday: "ECMWF (Euro) is beginning to join the consensus of other medium guidance showing a slow moving closed low passing across the OH valley late this week into the weekend. Most likely time frame for precip appears to be Fri into Sat morning with the initial approach of this system, then chance PoP with at least some diurnal aspect continuing into the rest of the weekend and possibly into Monday. As dewpoints increase, nighttime and AM low clouds and fog also become increasingly possible for the weekend. With cloud cover and at least chance PoP through the period temps should be fairly uniform across the time frame, with highs in the 70s to lower 80s (warmer west of the Hudson) and nighttime lows in the upper 50s/lower 60s."
- You can see in the 4th image the warmer weather for the middle of next week.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly cloudy early in the morning and then becoming mostly sunny with highs in the upper 60's to near 70 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind generally out of the E at around 10 mph.
Tonight: Partly cloudy and chilly with lows in the low 50's. Wind out of the E at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs mostly in the upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the E at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy with lows in the mid 50's in Nassau and mostly low 50's in Suffolk. Wind out of the SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Partly cloudy with increasing clouds late with highs in the upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the SE at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly cloudy and humid with showers more likely in the afternoon and evening and with highs in the low to mid 70's. Wind out of the S at 10 to 20 mph.
Saturday: Cloudy in the morning with showers likely and then partly to mostly cloudy in the afternoon with a chance of a shower with highs in the low to mid 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a slight chance of an afternoon or evening shower with highs in the low to mid 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind generally out of the ENE to ESE at around 10 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected overnight lows by early tomorrow morning
- 3rd image: 7-day rainfall map from the WPC
- 4th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend