My Personal Weatherman™
Dry and mild stretch with some comments on rain approaching, and the tropics are active!
- Beautiful stretch of weather for Long Island and the northeast, but there will be more clouds for the weekend, and the Euro ensembles are more bullish than the WPC on some showers making it farther east on Sunday (see 7th and 8th images).
- You can see the warmest days will be Saturday to Monday with highs mostly around 70 degrees (a little warmer for Nassau) each day for Long Island.
- The potential subtropical system off and near the southeast coast early next week should eventually bring some rain northward around Thursday, mainly for coastal areas, but let's see how it evolves.
- Lisa will be making landfall in Belize this evening as a hurricane.
- Martin will be a hurricane and then a powerful extratropical North Atlantic storm.
- Even after the potential subtropical system off the southeast coast, there is a chance for another tropical storm or hurricane in the Caribbean for mid-month.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny with highs in the mid to upper 60's. Wind out of the N to NNE at around 10 mph.
Tonight: Clear and nearly calm with lows in the upper 40's in Nassau and mid 40's in Suffolk with some low 40's in the Pine Barrens area of Suffolk.
Tomorrow: Sunny with highs in the low to mid 60's in Nassau and low 60's in Suffolk. Wind out of the ENE then ESE at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear and nearly calm with lows in the upper 40's in Nassau and mid to upper 40's in Suffolk, but some low 40's in the Pine Barrens area in Suffolk.
Friday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60's. Wind light & variable in the morning and then out of the SSW at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Saturday: Partly sunny with highs in the low 70's in Nassau and around 70 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the SSW at 5 mph in the morning and then 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower for western areas with highs around 71 degrees. Wind out of the SSW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Monday: Partly cloudy with highs around 71 degrees. Wind out of the WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend
- 3rd image: Overview of the tropics from the NHC
- 4th image: Euro ensembles for the next 15 days
- 5th and 6th images: Official maps from the NHC for Lisa and Martin
- 7th and 8th images: Projected rainfall through Sunday from the Euro ensemble mean and the Weather Prediction Center