My Personal Weatherman™
Dry stretch, roller coaster of temps, feet of snow out west, potential coastal storm, & LI forecast:
- With the exception of a passing shower for eastern Long Island this afternoon, it will be a dry week with a cold front coming through Thursday night into Friday morning with a slight chance of a shower.
- It will be chilly today and cold tonight, but then it will be warm Wednesday and Thursday with highs in the 70's on Long Island.
- A lot of rain for northern California with snow measured in feet in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- A secondary area of low pressure may form just east of southern New England Saturday night, but it shouldn't be too strong, but then we watch for the potential of a stronger coastal storm at the end of the month with temperatures probably a little above average.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny in the morning and still windy with more clouds in the afternoon with a slight chance of a passing shower, especially in eastern Suffolk with highs only around 60 degrees. Wind out of the WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows mostly in the mid 40's. Wind out of the WNW to NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny and still breezy with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny and warm with highs in the low to mid 70's in Nassau and low 70's in Suffolk. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Sunny with increasing clouds late in the day with highs in the low 70's. Wind out of the W at 5 mph in the morning and then out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Slight chance of a morning shower, otherwise partly cloudy with highs in the upper 60's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy and cooler with highs around 60 degrees. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center
- 4th image: Projected snowfall for the next 10 days from the Euro
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend