My Personal Weatherman™
Dry weather continues, much milder next week, and a look at the next big storm:
- An offshore storm will bring more clouds later today and tonight for Suffolk with a slight chance of a few sprinkles (see 3rd image).
- The big weekend storm will bring rain and wind to Florida and the coast of the Carolinas and Georgia (see 4th and 5th images), but it will head northeast out to sea without affecting the northeast, so we will have dry conditions into next week.
- Highs on Tuesday will be in the mid 60's on Tuesday on Long Island ahead of an approaching cold front.
- The next big storm looks to be around the 13th and 14th when I'll be in Milwaukee, and I might get some snow there! For the northeast though, it looks like a cutter with the main low pressure center heading well inland, so it looks like a period of heavy rain and wind for Long Island and the northeast coast as the cold front moves through (see 6th and 7th images for a general idea, but a lot can still change).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly sunny with more clouds in the afternoon, especially in Suffolk. Highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the N to NNE at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of some scattered sprinkles in Suffolk and then decreasing clouds towards dawn. Lows mostly in the mid 30's in Suffolk and upper 30's in Nassau. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the N at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Clear skies with lows mostly in the mid 30's in Suffolk and upper 30's in Nassau. Wind out of the N at around 5 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with highs in the mid 50's. Light and variable wind.
***Daylight Savings Time ends at 2 AM Sunday, so clocks go back 1 hour at that time.***
Sunday: Partly to mostly sunny through high clouds with highs in the mid to upper 50's. Wind out of the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Sunny with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60's. Wind out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy with highs in the low 60's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 3rd image: Simulated future radar for 1 AM late tonight from the HRRR model
- 4th image: Projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center
- 5th image: Maximum projected wind gusts in knots through the weekend from the Euro
- 6th and 7th images: Map from the Euro for November 13th and from the GFS for November 14th, respectively