Search
  • My Personal Weatherman

Early morning update on the tropics and Long Island weather:

Tropics:

- It still looks likely that we will have 2 tropical systems next week. Invest 91L is down to a 20% chance of tropical development, but Invest 92L is at 80% and the one behind it is at 60% within the next 5 days.

- Both the Euro ensembles (2nd image) and GFS ensembles (3rd image) are showing that there is a good chance that both of these systems (likely named Paulette and Rene) will curve north into the middle of the Atlantic before getting to the east coast of the United States.


Long Island:

Today: Sunny with low humidity with highs mostly in the mid to upper 70's.

Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs mostly in the upper 70's to around 80 degrees.

Labor Day: Mostly sunny with low to moderate humidity with highs mostly in the upper 70's. 

Tuesday: Partly to mostly sunny and more humid with highs close to 80 degrees. 

Wednesday: Partly to mostly cloudy and humid with a 20% chance of showers by late afternoon or evening. There is some uncertainty on the timing of when the rain will arrive. Highs mostly in the upper 70's.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy and humid with a 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some heavy downpours will be possible. Highs mostly around 80 degrees.


- 1st image: From the National Hurricane Center

- 2nd and 3rd images: Euro ensembles for the next 15 days and GFS ensembles for the next 15 days, respectively

- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend

- 5th image: Projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center









6 views

© 2023 by Marketing Solutions. Proudly created with Wix.com