My Personal Weatherman™
Enjoy the warmth today! Showers and t-storms with potential tornadoes in the northeast tomorrow:
- It will be at least 2 or 3 weeks before we see temperatures like this again. Also, with fog and low clouds around until almost 10 AM for most of Long Island, today won't seem special early on, but rapid warming will occur between 10 AM and 1 PM with peak temperatures (2nd image) expected around 2 PM with the south shore cooling by mid to late afternoon.
- You can see the severe weather threat for tomorrow in the 3rd image and those areas in darker green and especially yellow are areas where a tornado is possible. There is also a strong wind gust and hail threat, especially in those areas. For Long Island, it will mostly just be period of showers, heavy at times, mostly in the morning into early afternoon with a chance of a passing shower or thunderstorm for the rest of the afternoon and evening.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Fog and low clouds until mid-morning and then becoming sunny and warm with highs mostly in the mid to upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Increasing clouds with a chance of drizzle and fog after midnight with lows in the mid to upper 40's. Wind out of the S at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Early morning fog and then showers, moderate to heavy at times, mostly in the morning into early afternoon and then a chance of a shower or thunderstorm from mid-afternoon into the evening with highs in the upper 50's in Nassau and mid 50's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SSE at 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tomorrow night: A chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm in the evening and then clearing skies after midnight with lows in the mid 40's. Wind out of the S at 10 to 20 mph in the evening with higher gusts and then shifting to W after midnight.
Sunday: Partly cloudy and breezy with highs in the mid to upper 50's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 20 mph.
Monday: Sunny and breezy with highs in the mid to upper 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east. Wind out of the WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the low to mid 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy and cooler with a 30% chance of some showers with highs in the upper 40's. Wind out of the ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Cloudy with showers likely with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the SE at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 3rd image: Severe weather potential for tomorrow from the Storm Prediction Center
- 4th to 6th images: Future radar from the HRRR model for tomorrow at 8 AM, 2 PM, and 8 PM, respectively
- 7th image: 10-day snow map from the NWS Model Blend
- 8th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 9th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 10th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend