Extremely low humidity today as the weekend looks good and Wed/Thurs next week will be very mild:
- The northwest wind continues today, but not quite as strong as yesterday as gusts will be close to 30 mph. The humidity levels will be extremely low this afternoon (see 5th image), which will make for an elevated risk of fire growth and spread.
- Very low humidity continues tomorrow, especially in Nassau and into NJ, but the wind will be lower.
- Monday will be a cool day with some showers with highs only in the upper 50's on Long Island with an easterly breeze.
- Wednesday still looks like the upper 60's, but there is a chance of a few showers. Thursday looks like the best day with highs mostly in the mid 60's with partly to mostly sunny skies.
- More rain then arrives for either Friday or Saturday next week with highs only in the low 60's.
- Mother's Day will hopefully be mostly sunny, but highs will probably only be in the low 60's.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny and windy with extremely low humidity with highs in the low 60's in Nassau and around 60 degrees in Suffolk. Wind out of the NW at 15 to 25 mph with gusts to 30 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear and breezy with lows around 40 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny with some afternoon clouds possible in eastern Suffolk with low humidity in Suffolk and very low humidity in Nassau with highs in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear with lows in the mid 40's in Nassau and low 40's in Suffolk. Wind mostly out of the N at 5 to 10 mph and becoming nearly calm after midnight.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with increasing high clouds in the afternoon with highs in the mid 60's in Nassau and low to mid 60's in Suffolk, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the N in the morning at 5 mph and then shifting from the S by mid to late afternoon at around 10 mph.
Monday: Cloudy and cooler with a 60% chance of occasional showers with highs in the upper 50's. Wind out of the E at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and partly sunny in the afternoon with highs in the low to mid 60's in Nassau and low 60's in Suffolk. Wind mostly out of the NE to ESE at around 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of a few showers with highs in the upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind generally out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Partly cloudy with highs mostly in the mid 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Fire weather outlook for today
- 4th image: Special Weather Statement for Long Island and the tri-state area regarding the elevated risk of fire growth and spread
- 5th image: Projected humidity levels at 3 PM today from the HRRR model
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for the next 10 days from the NWS Model Blend