Heat Advisory from 11 AM tomorrow to 8 PM Friday:
URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service New York NY 320 PM EDT Wed Jul 14 2021
...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THURSDAY TO 8 PM EDT FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Heat index values up to 97 expected Thursday and heat index values up to 101 expected Friday.
* WHERE...Portions of northeast New Jersey and southeast New York.
* WHEN...From 11 AM Thursday to 8 PM EDT Friday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The highest temperatures and heat indices are expected between 1 PM and 5 PM each afternoon.
A Heat Advisory is issued when the combination of heat and humidity is expected to make it feel like it is 95 to 99 degrees for two or more consecutive days, or 100 to 104 degrees for any length of time.
Seniors and those with chronic health problems or mental health conditions are at an increased risk. Homes without air conditioning can be much hotter than outdoor temperatures.
Use air conditioning to stay cool at home or go to a place that has air conditioning. Check on vulnerable friends, family members and neighbors.
To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! In cases of heat stroke call 9 1 1.