My Personal Weatherman™
I'm still going with the 16th (next Sunday) for a storm:
- It still looks like the Friday storm will stay well offshore, but it's worth keeping an eye on.
- The chances then increase for a northeast snowstorm next Sunday, the 16th. No surprise that the Euro and Canadian have the storm, but the GFS doesn't. It's too soon to determine the rain/snow line, so the 4th and 5th images are just meant to give a general idea that there is a good chance of a storm next Sunday. You can see in the last image that some of the ensembles have a big snowstorm, even for Long Island.
- I'll continue to update.
- 1st image: Euro ensemble storm locations and strengths for next Sunday afternoon
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: 10-day snow map from the NWS model blend
- 4th and 5th images: Maps from the Euro and Canadian for next Sunday
- 6th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member