Images for the storm and the Long Island forecast with quieter weather ahead for the northeast:
- You all know about the storm with the snow well to the west and around 1.5 inches of rain for Long Island with more details in the forecast and images below. It will be cold tomorrow into Saturday morning with wind chills in the low to mid 20's on Long Island Friday morning with highs only in the low 40's.
- Looking ahead to next week, the early to middle part of the week looks mostly dry and seasonable for the northeast with some rain possible towards the end of the week.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Cloudy with a few scattered showers possible by mid to late afternoon. Highs mostly in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the S at around 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Rain, moderate to heavy at times with a chance of a thunderstorm. Temperatures in the upper 50's until around midnight and then dropping sharply into the mid 40's by morning. Wind out of the S at 10 to 25 mph, but shifting to WNW to NW after midnight with gusts up to 30 mph.
Tomorrow: Rain tapering off to showers and ending by around late morning to early afternoon from west to east and remaining mostly cloudy with a brief passing shower possible until late afternoon or early evening. Total rainfall expected is around 1.5 inches. Temperatures in the mid to upper 40's early in the morning and then dropping into the low 40's by mid to late morning before rising slightly into the mid 40's in the afternoon. It will also be windy with gusts up to 30 to 35 mph from the NW in the afternoon.
Friday: Partly cloudy in the morning and partly to mostly cloudy in the afternoon, breezy, and cold with highs only in the low 40's. Wind out of the WNW to NW with gusts up to 20 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the W to WNW at around 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and then partly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the upper 50's to low 60's. Wind mostly out of the WNW at around 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 50's to low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end.
- 1st image: Projected highs for today from the HRRR model
- 2nd image: Projected precipitation through 8 PM tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 4th to 7th images: Projected snowfall through 8 PM tomorrow from the HRRR, NAM, and National Weather Service, respectively
- 8th to 10th images: Simulated future radar from the HRRR model for 10 PM tonight, 9 AM tomorrow, and 2 PM tomorrow