My Personal Weatherman™
Impressive storm overnight, hot today and tomorrow, but cooler weather coming:
- Last night was one of the more impressive thunderstorms I've seen as it lasted for around an hour and 15 minutes (from 12:15 AM to 1:30 AM, see 2nd image for the radar at 12:55 AM) by me in northern Nassau with rain that was torrential at times along with crazy amounts of lightning.
- While Invest 90L looks less likely to become a Tropical Depression, it will be moving into coast Georgia today and it will bring some thunderstorms and gusty winds along the coast from northern Florida into South Carolina.
- While it will be hot today and tomorrow on Long Island, the humidity won't be that bad in the afternoon, except for right along the south shore. A cold front will come through tomorrow night, so Wednesday will be cooler. Then a stronger cold front will come through Thursday night, so it will be even cooler with low humidity for Friday and Saturday with highs in the upper 70's to near 80 degrees.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly cloudy and humid in the morning and then becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon with moderate humidity, except along the south shore where it will be more humid. Highs mostly in the upper 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the NW to WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows near 70 degrees. Wind out of the NW at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs mostly in the upper 80's to near 90 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW in the morning at around 5 mph or less and then out of the SSW at around 10 mph in the afternoon. There is a very slight chance of a late afternoon or evening thunderstorm with a little better chance at night.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with a slight chance of a stray shower or thunderstorm with highs in the low 80's. Wind out of the NNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Partly to mostly cloudy and humid with a 50% chance of some scattered showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70's to low 80's. Wind out of the S at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly sunny with low humidity in the afternoon with highs near 80 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Sunny with low humidity with highs near 80 degrees. Wind out of the NW to WNE at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with a slight chance of a shower by late afternoon with highs in the low 80's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: The radar from 12:55 AM showing the thunderstorm
- 3rd image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 4th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 5th image: Projected rainfall for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center