It's still uncertain, but models and ensembles trend west with potential major storm!
As I foreshadowed last night, most of the models/ensembles have trended closer to the coast with the potential major snowstorm for Friday night into Saturday for eastern New England and eastern Long Island. However, it's still uncertain, but the best chance right now is in eastern New England. As for Long Island, it can still be a miss or it could be a blizzard like some of the ensemble members are showing. If it does snow, it would like start Friday evening on Long Island.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Becoming partly to mostly sunny with highs in the mid 30's. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and then light and variable in the afternoon.
Tonight: Cloudy with a chance of snow showers and then rain showers, mostly after 11 PM with lows in the mid to upper 20's in the evening and then rising to the mid 30's by morning. Wind out of the SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly sunny with highs in the low 40's. Wind out of the W at 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 20 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly cloudy and becoming much colder with lows in the upper teens. Wind out of the NNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Sunny with highs and very cold with highs in the mid 20's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Sunny with highs in the upper 20's to near 30 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and then SW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of snow developing in the evening with highs in the mid 30's. Wind out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Cloudy with a 50% chance of snow with the best chance being in Suffolk with highs around 30 degrees. Wind out of the NNW at 15 to 25 mph with higher gusts.
- 1st image: Projected storm locations and strengths from the Euro ensembles at 1 PM Saturday
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 4th and 5th images: Maps from the GFS and Euro for 7 AM Saturday (GFS) and 1 PM Saturday (Euro)
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend