Last warm day, good weekend, 2 storms with rain, and a possible early Nov hurricane and also snow:
- The Long Island forecast is below, but basically it will be nice today with highs near 70 degrees and then dry and cooler this weekend. 2 to 3 inches of rain combined are then likely from 2 storms next week; the first one is mostly for Tuesday (with some showers before then as well), and the 2nd one is mostly around Thursday evening into Friday. There should also be some wind gusts to at least 30 mph with each system, although there is more uncertainty for the late-week system.
- The Euro ensembles are starting to show a potential early November hurricane developing in the Caribbean (3rd image), and the GFS has been showing it for a while, so it will be something to keep an eye on.
- The GFS is also showing some snow for the higher elevations and inland areas of the northeast in early November, so we'll have to see how that evolves as it gets a little closer.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with with highs around 70 degrees. Wind out of the W at around 10 mph.
Tonight: Partly to mostly cloudy with lows in the low 50's. Wind out of the NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly sunny and cooler with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly clear and chilly with lows in the mid to upper 40's. Wind out of the WNW to NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with increasing clouds by late afternoon with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of some widely scattered showers with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the SSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Rainy and breezy with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the NNE at 10 to 20 mph with some higher gusts possible.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of some widely scattered showers with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the N at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Rainy likely in the afternoon/evening with highs in the mid 60's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected rainfall for the next 10 days from the Euro
- 3rd image: Euro ensembles for the next 15 days
- 4th and 5th images: Projected storm locations and strengths from the Euro ensemble members for 2 AM next Wednesday and 2 AM next Friday
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend