Long Island forecast and maps for the storm:
Tonight: Showers this evening and then mostly just cloudy later in eastern Suffolk with scattered showers continuing for western Long Island. Lows in the low 40's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly to mostly sunny, but with more clouds in eastern Suffolk. Highs around 60 degrees. Wind mostly out of the N at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly sunny in the morning with increasing clouds in the afternoon with a slight chance of a shower in Nassau by late afternoon. Highs mostly in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the WSW to SW at around 10 mph.
Thursday: Periods of rain, windy, and cool with highs around 50 degrees. Wind gusts up to 30 mph from the ENE. 1.5 to 2 inches of rain are likely between Wednesday night and Friday night.
Friday: Showers, windy, and chilly with highs in the upper 40's. Wind gusts up to 30 mph from the NNE to N.
Saturday: Becoming partly to mostly sunny in the afternoon with highs in the upper 50's.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with highs around 60 degrees.
- 1st image: 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected snowfall through 8 AM Saturday from the Euro ensemble mean
- 3rd image: Projected storm locations and strengths for 8 AM Friday from the Euro ensemble members
- 4th image: Projected precipitation through 8 PM Saturday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 5th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend