Long Island forecast with images as a Wind Advisory is in effect until 8 AM:
*A Wind Advisory is in effect for Long Island until 8:00 this morning for wind gusts up to 45 mph from the northeast*
Today: Windy and chilly with periods of showers at times throughout the day. Highs only in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the NE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph, especially in the morning and by the shore.
Tonight: Showers at times in the evening becoming a steadier rain after midnight. Windy and chilly with lows in the upper 40's and the wind out of the NE at 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Tomorrow: Rainy, windy, and chilly with highs in the mid to upper 50's. Wind out of the NE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Tomorrow night: Rainy, chilly, and breezy with lows in the low 50's. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 20 mph.
Memorial Day: Showers and drizzle in the morning and then mostly cloudy in the afternoon. Highs around 70 degrees. Wind out of the N to NNW at around 10 mph.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the mid 70's.
Wednesday: Increasing clouds with a slight chance of showers by late afternoon or early with highs in the mid 70's.
Thursday: Cloudy with a 50% chance of some showers. Highs in the low 70's.
- 1st image: Projected rainfall from 8 PM last night through 8 PM Monday from the Euro ensemble mean
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 4th to 10th images: Simulated radar from the HRRR model for today at 7 AM, 2 PM, 7 PM, and 11 PM, and then tomorrow at 10 AM, 4 PM, and 8 PM
- 11th image: Simulated radar from the NAM for 8 AM Monday