Major concern for Texas/Louisiana and hot weather for the northeast with the Long Island forecast:
- While there are currently 3 areas to watch in the tropics, the only concern right now is with Invest 99L that is likely to become a hurricane in the Gulf and head towards Texas or Louisiana this coming Monday! The HWRF and GFS show it becoming a major hurricane, but that's only potential right now. The next 3 names on the list are Ida, Julian, and Kate, and the other 2 systems in the Atlantic aren't a threat to the United States. In the 10 to 15 day range, there could be another hurricane that bears watching.
- You know about the hot weather today through Friday. Tomorrow will feel the worst because it will be more humid than today. Much cooler for this weekend with an onshore flow and a chance of some showers at times, especially on Saturday with temperatures in the 70's.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
**Heat Advisory for Nassau and northwestern Suffolk from 12 PM today to 8 PM tomorrow for heat index values in the mid to upper 90's.**
Today: Sunny and hot with highs around 90 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind nearly calm in the morning and then out of the WNW in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear and humid with lows in the low to mid 70's. Wind out of the S to SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny, hot, and humid with highs around 90 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the SSW at less than 5 mph in the morning and 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Partly cloudy, hot, and humid with a chance of a late afternoon or evening thunderstorm with highs in the upper 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy and cooler with a chance of some showers with highs in the upper 70's. Wind out of the E to ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 70's to around 80 degrees. Wind out of the E to SE at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Partly to mostly cloudy and more humid with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening with highs in the low 80's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: GFS for 2 PM Monday
- 3rd image: Euro ensembles for the next 10 days
- 4th image: Euro ensembles for the next 15 days
- 5th image: From the National Hurricane Center
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Farmingdale, Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend