Maps for today and the general outlook with mostly above average temperatures:
I have included the snow maps and future radar for today. For Long Island, it will be a rainy afternoon, but you can see the accumulating snow north and west of NYC, and it will come down heavy for a while with rates of 1 to 2 inches per hour.
There will be a weak system passing through the northeast tomorrow, but it's enough to bring a chance for a passing rain or snow showers, with snow mostly just north of Long Island.
The next system for Saturday continues to look like mostly rain for Long Island with snow changing to rain for southern to central New England (see Euro maps below).
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Cloudy with rain mostly from around 11 AM to 7 PM with highs around 40 to 42 degrees with a SSW wind at around 10 to 15 mph with some gusts over 20 mph. Total rainfall of around 0.5". The rain may briefly start as wet snow in northern and western Nassau.
Tonight: Rain ending this evening from around 6 PM to 8 PM from west to east and then becoming partly cloudy. Lows mostly in the low 30's with a west wind at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of a passing rain or snow showers from late morning to mid-afternoon with highs in the low 40's. Wind out of the WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 40's. Wind out of the SW at 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday: Partly cloudy with highs in the low to mid 40's. Wind out of the WNW at around 15 mph.
Friday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 30's.
Saturday: Chance of rain or snow developing and becoming all rain with highs in the low 40's.
- 1st and 2nd images: Projected snowfall through 7 AM tomorrow from the National Weather Service and HRRR model, respectively
- 3rd to 5th images: Simulated future radar for today at 1 PM, 4 PM, and 7 PM, respectively
- 6th image: Simulated future radar for Noon tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 7th to 9th images: Maps from the Euro for Saturday at 7 AM, 1 PM, and 7 PM, respectively
- 10th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 11th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 12th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS moel blend