New Invest 95L in the Caribbean and the Long Island forecast:
While Hurricane Epsilon is pulling away, we now have Invest 95L south of Cuba, and it is being given a 40% chance of tropical development within the next 5 days by the National Hurricane Center. The ensembles of the Euro and GFS are not bullish on development, but it's something to keep an eye on. There are still hints of a system developing in the southern Caribbean in early November.
Long Island forecast:
Today (Friday): Patchy early morning fog and drizzle, and then cloudy with a few breaks in the clouds possible by late afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 60's.
Tomorrow (Saturday): Mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 60's to around 70 degrees. A dry cold front will come through in the afternoon, so it will turn much cooler at night.
Sunday: Mostly sunny and much cooler with highs mostly in the mid 50's.
Monday: Mostly cloudy with a 50% chance of some showers with highs in the low to mid 60's.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of showers with highs around 60 degrees.
Wednesday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of some showers. Highs around 60 degrees.
- 1st image: Invest 95L from the National Hurricane Center
- 2nd image: IR satellite view of Invest 95L
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall for the next 10 days from the Euro
- 4th image: Projected precipitation for the next 7 days from the Weather Prediction Center
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend