Next week looks great!!
- Wind chill temperatures are currently in the 20's on Long Island. See below for the forecast details, but it will be cold and windy today with a lot of clouds and a very slight chance of a passing rain or snow shower. Saturday looks great and the rain should hold off until around 11 PM to 2 AM from west to east, and the showers should end early afternoon on Sunday with some sun later in the day. Rainfall amounts will probably be well under one inch as there won't be phasing between the southern and northern stream systems.
- There will be severe weather in the southeastern states on Saturday (see 3rd image).
- Next week looks great with dry weather and warming temperatures, especially by Wednesday and Thursday with highs mostly in the low 70's! Any potential showers should hold off until at least Friday afternoon.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly to mostly cloudy, very windy, and much cooler with highs only around 49 degrees. There is a very slight chance of a passing rain or snow shower. Wind gusts as high as 35 mph from the WNW.
Tonight: Becoming mostly clear with lows mostly in the mid 30's. Wind gusts up to 30 mph from the WNW.
Tomorrow: Sunny and windy still with highs in the low 60's but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind gusts up to 25 mph from the W.
Saturday: Sunny in the morning with increasing clouds late in the day with highs in the mid to upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the W in the morning at around 10 mph and then out of the SSW in the afternoon at around 15 mph. Rain developing at night between 11 PM and 2 AM from west to east.
Sunday: Rain in the morning, tapering off to showers and ending by around early to mid afternoon from west to east with some sun by mid to late afternoon. It will also become breezy in the afternoon. Highs around 60 degrees. Wind gusts up to 25 mph from the NW in the afternoon/evening. Total rainfall should be less than an inch.
Monday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the low 60's. Wind gusts up to 20 mph from the NW.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs mostly in the mid to possibly upper 60's. Wind out of the SSW in the afternoon at around 10 mph.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy with highs in the upper 60's to low 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 3rd image: Severe weather potential for Saturday from the Storm Prediction Center
- 4th to 6th images: Maps from the Euro for Sunday at 2 AM, 8 AM, and 2 PM, respectively
- 7th image: Projected precipitation through 8 PM Sunday from the Weather Prediction Center