One more rainy, windy, and chilly day and then we return to normal:
- There will be another 1 to 1.5 inches of rain today into late tonight for Long Island with wind gusts up to 30 mph from the northeast and highs only in the low to mid 50's, but tomorrow looks good with some sun after a little early morning drizzle with highs in the mid to upper 60's.
- Showery weather returns for Thursday and Friday, but overall, next weekend looks good.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Rainy, windy, and chilly with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the NE at 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
Tonight: Rain in the evening tapering off to showers and then drizzle after midnight. Chilly and breezy with lows of 47 to 50 degrees. Wind out of the NNE and then N at 10 to 20 mph.
Tomorrow (Memorial Day): Early morning drizzle possible and then becoming partly to mostly sunny by late morning into the afternoon. Highs in the mid to upper 60's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the mid 70's. Light winds out of the W to SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with highs in the mid 70's. Wind out of the SSW to S at 5 mph in the morning and 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday: Cloudy with a 60% chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Highs in the low to mid 70's. Wind out of the S at 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Cloudy with a 50% chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid to upper 70's.
Saturday: Becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the upper 70's to near 80 degrees.
- 1st image: Projected rainfall through 8 AM tomorrow from the HRRR model
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 4th to 7th images: Simulated radar from the HRRR model for today at 1 PM and 7 PM and tomorrow at 8 AM and 2 PM
- 8th image: Projected cloud cover percentage for 3 PM tomorrow from the HRRR model