Over 80 degrees in NYC tomorrow, some late-week showers, and a nice weekend:
- While the highs today will only be in the low 60's today on Long Island, a warm front will move north through the area tonight bringing warm air for tomorrow. Highs will be mostly in the mid to upper 70's, with the highest temperatures for northern and western Nassau. There will be some showers at times on Thursday and Friday, but the cold front will move through Friday afternoon, bringing cooler and drier air along with breezy conditions for Saturday.
- There will be more rain as you had north into central to northern NY state and New England (see maps below).
- There are no big storms on the horizon.
- We're only a little more than 2 weeks from starting to keep an eye on the tropics and subtropics.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly cloudy early in the morning with a slight chance of a shower and then becoming partly cloudy with highs in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end, especially by late afternoon. Wind mostly out of the WNW in the morning at around 5 mph and then out of the SSW in the afternoon at around 10 to 15 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with lows in the upper 40's to around 50 degrees. Wind mostly out of the S at around 5 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly to mostly cloudy at times and much warmer with highs mostly in the mid to upper 70's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind nearly calm in the morning and then out of the WSW to SW at around 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday: Cloudy with a 50% chance of some light showers at times. Highs mostly in the upper 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the SSW at around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of some scattered showers, possibly mostly in the morning into early afternoon. Highs in the upper 60's.
Saturday: Partly cloudy and breezy with highs in the low 60's. Wind gusts up to 20 mph from the WNW.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs in the mid 60's.
- 1st image: Projected highs for tomorrow from the NWS
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 3rd to 6th images: Projected precipitation through 8 PM Saturday from the Euro ensemble mean, GFS, Euro, and Weather Prediction Center, respectively