Quick 4:15 AM update with the latest maps and the Long Island forecast:
- I have included the rain, snow, and temperature maps below.
- Tomorrow will be much cooler than today in parts of New England (see 1st and 2nd images).
- There is some uncertainty for the early to middle part of next week for the northeast and the chances for some showers.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Cloudy with a 20% chance of a few scattered showers (mainly in the morning), and then mostly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the low 60's. Wind of less than 5 mph in the morning and then 5 to 10 mph out of the S in the afternoon.
Tonight: Cloudy and mild with lows mostly around 50 degrees. Wind out of the SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Periods of rain, especially from mid-morning to mid-afternoon with highs in the upper 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. There is a slight chance for a rumble of thunder. Wind mostly out of the E at around 10 mph. Rainfall totals of around a half-inch.
Monday: Cloudy with a 50% chance of some showers. Highs in the mid 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs around 60 degrees.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of some showers with highs mostly in the upper 50's.
Thursday: Partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 50's.
- 1st and 2nd images: Projected highs for today and tomorrow, respectively, from the National Weather Service
- 3rd image: Projected precipitation through 2 PM Wednesday from the Euro ensemble mean
- 4th and 5th images: Future simulated radar for tomorrow at 11 AM and 3 PM, respectively, from the HRRR model
- 6th image: Projected snowfall for the next 10 days from the Euro
- 7th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend