Quick 4 AM update as the cooler and rainy week begins, and a possible late-week storm?
- More details are in the Long Island forecast below, but the rain should arrive around mid to late morning from west to east on Long Island, and there will be more rain tonight and tomorrow. While there still can be a passing shower on Tuesday and Wednesday, it will generally be fairly cool and mostly cloudy.
- The models are now showing a potential coastal storm for Thursday night into Friday, and I have included the maps below.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Dense Fog Advisory is in effect until 10 AM. Rain starting around mid to late morning from west to east with highs in the upper 50's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. There is a slight chance for a rumble of thunder. Wind mostly out of the E at 10 to 15 mph. Rainfall totals of around a half-inch by evening.
Tonight: Some showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Lows mostly in the mid 40's. Wind out of the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Showers and cool with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind out of the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower. Highs in the mid 50's. Wind mostly out of the NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower. Highs in the mid 50's.
Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 50's.
Friday: Cloudy with showers possible in the morning with highs in the upper 50's.
- 1st image: Projected temperatures for Long Island from the National Weather Service model blend
- 2nd image: Future simulated radar for 5 PM today from the HRRR model
- 3rd to 5th images: Maps from the Euro, GFS, and Canadian, respectively, for Thursday night.