Some comments on the weekend, maps, snow, and the Long Island forecast:
- The scattered showers for Long Island tomorrow should be light with the better chance being in Nassau. I'd be surprised if Suffolk received more than a tenth of an inch of rain.
- Regarding Mother's Day, clouds will increase in the afternoon on Long Island, but any rain should hold off until late afternoon to early evening from west to east, and the rain should be mostly done by early afternoon on Monday.
- There will be snow for Colorado early next week (see 3rd image).
- Tuesday to Thursday looks nice for the northeast with the next chance of rain being Thursday night into Friday.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny in the morning and then increasing mid to upper level clouds in the afternoon with highs in the low 60's. Wind out of the ENE in the morning at 5 to 10 mph and out of the E to ESE in the afternoon at around 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a light shower or sprinkle well after midnight. Lows mostly in the mid 40's. Wind out of the E to ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Cloudy and cool with a 50% chance of some light scattered showers with highs in the mid 50's. Wind mostly out of the E to ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: A slight chance of light scattered showers in the evening, and then becoming partly cloudy towards midnight. Lows mostly in the mid 40's. Wind mostly out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with increasing clouds in the afternoon. Highs in the low 60's. Rain arrives generally after 6 PM. Wind out of the WNW in the morning at 5 to 10 mph and then out of the SSW in the afternoon at 10 to 15 mph.
Monday: Rain tapering off to showers and ending between around 11 AM and 2 PM from west to east with some breaks of sun possible by late afternoon with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the NE in the morning and then NNW in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind gusts up to 25 mph from the NW
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and still a little breezy with highs in the low to mid 60's. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph.
Thursday: Mostly sunny in the morning with increasing clouds in the afternoon with highs in the mid 60's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall through 8 AM Wednesday from the Euro
- 4th to 6th images: Simulated radar from the HRRR model for tomorrow at 11 AM, 3 PM, and 8 PM, respectively
- 7th to 9th images: Maps from the Euro for 7 PM Sunday, 7 AM Monday, and 2 PM Monday, respectively