Some light snow on Long Island and a look ahead to next week and a potential storm next weekend:
- You can see in the 1st image the radar at 2:08 AM showing the light snow in Nassau, and there are still some flurries around early this morning. Cold and windy today with highs in the low 40's on Long Island, but after a very cold night tonight with lows in the 20's, milder days are ahead.
- It will be mostly dry through next Thursday as you can see in the 2nd image, which shows projected precipitation through 8 PM Thursday.
- The next chance of a storm is next weekend, as the models are showing a fairly strong storm off the coast, but it remains to be seen how close it comes.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Chance of early morning flurries and then partly cloudy, but becoming mostly cloudy in the afternoon. Breezy and cold with highs only in the low 40's. Wind out of the NW with gusts up to 25 mph.
Tonight: Decreasing clouds and very cold with lows in the upper 20's in Nassau and mid 20's in Suffolk. Wind out of the NW at 10 to 15 mph.
Tomorrow: Sunny with highs in the low 50's. Wind out of the NW at around 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly to mostly cloudy with lows in the upper 30's in Nassau and low to mid 30's in Suffolk. Wind mostly out of the W at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and then partly cloudy in the afternoon with highs mostly in the upper 50's to around 60 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the WNW to NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Monday: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 50's to low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the NW at around 15 mph.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy with highs mostly in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end.
Wednesday: Partly cloudy with highs mostly in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end.
- 1st image: Radar at 2:08 AM
- 2nd image: Projected precipitation through 8 PM next Thursday from the Weather Prediction Center
- 3rd and 4th images: Maps from the Euro and Canadian, respectively, for next weekend
- 5th image: Projected highs on Sunday from the National Weather Service
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend