Sunny stretch for at least 7 days! Cold today and this weekend, but 60 degrees possible next week:
- For Long Island, the Wind Advisory remains in effect until 4:00 today for wind gusts as high as 50 mph. It's obviously very cold this morning, but tomorrow will be much milder. It will be a cold weekend, and Friday morning will feel especially cold with wind chill temperatures around 10 to 15 degrees on Long Island.
- Mostly sunny skies are expected into early next week for Long Island and nearby areas.
- There will be a big warm-up next week with 60-degree temperatures possible Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday for areas just inland; Long Island will likely remain in the 50's.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
**A Wind Advisory is in effect until 4 PM today for northwest winds of 15 to 25 mph with gusts up 50 mph.**
Last Updated: 4:18 AM on Tuesday, March 2nd
Today: Very cold and windy with sunny skies with wind gusts up to 45 mph from the WNW to NW. Highs in the low to mid 30's. Wind chill temperatures will be mostly in the single digits in the morning and the teens in the afternoon.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the mid to upper 20's. The wind will diminish and shift to WSW after midnight.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with highs in the upper 40's to around 50 degrees. Wind out of the W at around 10 to 15 mph.
Thursday Mostly sunny, breezy, and cooler with highs in the low to mid 40's. Wind out of the NW with gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Mostly sunny and breezy with highs in the mid to upper 30's. Wind out of the WNW to NW with gusts up to 25 mph.
Saturday Mostly sunny with highs around 40 degrees.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low 40's.
- 2nd image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles
- 3rd image: Projected snowfall for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend
- 4th image: Projected highs next Tuesday from the Euro
- 5th image: Projected snowfall for Long Island for the next 15 days as a running total from every Euro ensemble member
- 6th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend