The Long Island forecast and a quick look ahead with more snow possible next week in New England:
- Details for Long Island are in the forecast below, but it will basically by dry until the cold front brings showers Wednesday afternoon/evening. It will become warmer each day with highs reaching around 70 degrees on Tuesday, but Thursday will be very chilly and windy with highs possibly only in the low 50's with wind gusts up to 30 mph.
- There is also a good chance of snow for the middle to end of next week for the higher elevations of northern New England and NY state.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly cloudy in the morning and then mostly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the mid to possibly upper 50's. Wind out of the NW to NNW at around 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with lows in the low 40's, but some upper 30's are possible in the Pine Barrens area of Suffolk. Wind out of the WNW to NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly cloudy with highs in the low 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Light winds, mostly out of the WNW at 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Monday: Partly to mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 60's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind mostly out of the W at around 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with highs around 70 degrees, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Breezy in the afternoon with wind gusts up to 20 mph from the SSW.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with showers likely at some point in the afternoon and evening. Highs in the low 60's.
Thursday: Partly cloudy, windy, and much cooler with highs in the low to mid 50's. Wind gusts up to 30 mph from the W to WNW.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the National Weather Service
- 3rd image: Map from the GFS for 5 PM Wednesday
- 4th image: Projected wind chill temperatures at 5 AM on Thursday from the GFS
- 5th image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service