The Long Island forecast and still watching the tropics:
- It will be hot again today away from the coast in the northeast (see 1st image) with any thunderstorms likely to the north and west of Long Island. Humid tomorrow and Wednesday for Long Island with some showers and thunderstorms with the potential for heavy downpours and localized flooding.
- Still watching the tropics, but development isn't imminent.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Mostly sunny with more clouds by late in the day, and there also may be low clouds and fog right along the south shore. There is also a slight chance of a late afternoon shower, mostly for western Long Island. Highs mostly in the low to mid 80's with some upper 80's in northwest Nassau, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the S to SSW at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and SSW at 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight: Partly to mostly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm. Also, patchy fog is possible late. Lows in the upper 60's in Nassau and mostly mid 60's in Suffolk. Wind out of the S to SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Hazy sunshine and humid with a 60% chance of some scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening with the potential for heavy downpours. Highs mostly in the low to mid 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the S to SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly cloudy and humid with a 60% chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms with some heavy downpours possible with highs mostly in the mid 80's, but cooler for the south shore and east end. Wind out of the W to WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Thursday: Partly to mostly cloudy, cooler, and less humid with a slight chance of a shower with highs in the mid to upper 70's. Wind out of the E to NE at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
Friday: Cloudy and cooler with a 60% chance of showers with highs in the upper 60's. Wind mostly out of the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday: Mostly cloudy in the morning and partly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the low 70's.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 70's.
- 1st image: Projected highs for today from the NWS
- 2nd image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 4th image: From the National Hurricane Center
- 5th and 6th images: Projected storm tracks for the next 10 days from the Euro ensembles and GFS ensembles, respectively