The Long Island forecast and watching for a potential tropical storm for Texas next Fri/Sat:
- The details for Long Island are below, but it will be cooler today (2nd image) with low humidity. Most of the showers today (6th image) will stay to the southwest and south of Long Island, but a late-day shower can't be ruled out in Nassau, and the showers later tonight into early tomorrow morning (7th image) will stay to the north of Long Island. The weekend looks good overall with highs mostly in the low to mid 70's, but there will be a lot of clouds around and a couple of chances for a shower, mostly early Sunday morning and then again Sunday night.
- The GFS (5th image), Canadian, and Euro are all showing a tropical system coming north in the western Gulf of Mexico towards the upper Texas coast or possibly western Louisiana next Friday/Saturday. It's still a relatively low to moderate chance, and no tropical development is expected in the next several days. The Euro ensembles (4th image) aren't overly bullish, but it definitely bears watching.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Partly sunny with more clouds late in the day and cooler with low humidity with highs in the low 70's. Wind mostly out of the E to ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly cloudy with lows around 60 in Nassau and the mid to upper 50's in Suffolk. Wind out of the E at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Partly to mostly cloudy with a very slight chance of a light shower with highs in the low 70's. Wind out of the NE in the morning and E in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Partly to mostly cloudy with lows around 60 in Nassau and mid to upper 50's in Suffolk. Light and variable wind at around 5 mph or less.
Sunday: Partly to mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of a shower by late afternoon or early evening with highs in the low to mid 70's. Wind out of the S to SSW at 5 or less in the morning and 10 mph in the afternoon.
Monday: Some showers likely in the morning and then becoming partly cloudy in the afternoon with just a slight chance of an isolated shower or possibly thunderstorm in the afternoon/evening with highs in the upper 70's. Wind out of the S to SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tuesday: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of a shower or thunderstorm in the afternoon/ evening. Highs in the upper 70's to around 80 degrees. Wind out of the W to WNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the upper 70's.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with low humidity with highs in the mid to upper 70's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Projected highs for today from the National Weather Service
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the National Weather Service model blend
- 4th image: Euro ensemble storm tracks for the next 10 days
- 5th image: Map from the GFS for 8 AM next Saturday
- 6th and 7th images: Simulated radar from the HRRR model for 1 PM today and 6 AM tomorrow
- 8th image: Projected rainfall through 8 PM next Thursday from the Weather Prediction Center