The Long Island forecast with Christmas likely being the warmest day for the next 2 or 3 weeks:
- A cold day today with highs in the upper 30's on Long Island, and then it looks like the offshore storm will skim us with some scattered showers Wednesday morning with some snow for Maine in the afternoon/evening.
- Some showers for Long Island at night on Christmas Eve into probably late morning on Christmas with some breaks of sun possible in the afternoon with highs in the low 50's.
- Temperatures then trend colder for the rest of the month into early January.
LONG ISLAND FORECAST:
Today: Sunny and cold with highs in the upper 30's. Wind out of the N in the morning and then SW in the afternoon at 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows mostly in the upper 20's. Wind out of the SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow: Mostly sunny with more clouds by late afternoon highs in the mid 40's. Variable wind direction at 5 to 10 mph.
Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy with lows in the mid 30's in Nassau and low 30's in Suffolk. Light and variable wind.
Wednesday: Cloudy in the morning with a chance of some light showers, especially in Suffolk, and then partly cloudy in the afternoon with highs in the mid to almost upper 40's. Wind out of the N at 5 to 10 mph in the morning and out of the NW at 10 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
Thursday: Mostly sunny with highs close to 40 degrees. Wind out of the NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday (Christmas Eve): Mostly cloudy with some filtered sunshine and then cloudy by late afternoon with highs in the mid 40's. Wind out of the SW at 5 to 10 mph. Some showers are likely later in the evening.
Saturday (Christmas): Scattered showers in the morning with some breaks of sun possible in the afternoon and mild with highs in the low 50's. Wind generally out of the WSW to W at 10 to 15 mph.
Sunday: Mostly sunny with highs in the low to mid 40's.
- 1st image: My 5 day outlook for Long Island
- 2nd image: Snowfall through 7 AM Sunday from the NWS model blend
- 3rd image: Projected temperatures for Long Island for the next 10 days from the NWS model blend
- 4th image: Projected temperatures with ranges for Long Island for the next 15 days from the Euro ensembles